Posted by Steve on 6/11/2023 to Jewelry Care
How to Best Take Care of Gold Plated Jewelry
Gold plated jewelry is a great way to add a touch of luxury to your outfit without breaking the bank. However, it is important to take care of your gold plated jewelry properly to prevent it from tarnishing or fading.
Here are some tips on how to best take care of your gold plated jewelry
- Gently wipe it down after each wear with a microfiber/cotton cloth.
- The simplest way to keep your gold plated jewelry looking brand new is to wipe it with a damp microfiber cloth or piece of cotton after wearing it.
- This will remove smudges and surface dirt.
- Store your jewelry in a closed jewelry box or ziplog bag when you're not wearing it. This will help to protect it from humidity or dirt and prevents scratches, tarnishing, and other accidental damage.
- Avoid wearing it in water. Gold plating is sensitive to hard water (water that has salt or other natural chemicals), so avoid wearing it when you're showering or even washing your hands!
- If you do get your gold plated jewelry wet, be sure to dry it off immediately by wiping it gently with microfiber/cotton cloth.
- Avoid wearing it when you're working out or doing other activities that could cause it to get scratched or damaged.
Here are some additional tips
- Avoid contact with harsh chemicals or cleaners on your gold plated jewelry.
- If your jewelry is discolored, you can try cleaning it with a mild soap and water solution and clean it afterwards with a microfiber cloth.
- If your jewelry is scratched, you can try polishing it with a cotton/microfiber cloth.